Thursday, July 13, 2006

Seeing how I spent quite a considerable time in Peru and saw so much in my 20 month stay, I thought I would take the time to go back to the beginning of my trip. The first day I arrived in Peru, I came to a small airport early in the morning. I was have asleep after a long flight on a cramped airplane. I initially started my trip from Pheonix AZ, then was flew to Texas where I changed planes and was reunited with a friend of mine. From Texas, we flew to Florida and finally on to Peru. This final leg of the trip is where reality set in that I would be going to a 3rd world country, when my gaze fell upon an older woman with what appeared to be a very shoddy outfit, and skin that had become very wheatherd from many long days working in the sun. Then shortly after being seated on the plane, I was asked by the stuardist to change my seat because a woman that did not speak english wanted to sit next to her child. I willingly agreed until I got to my new seat and found I would be sitting in a cramped middle seat for the next 8 hours, when I had just given up my nice isle seat where I could stretch out my rather long legs. My boyish giddiness of going to a new place had just been replaced with a sour taste. However, I love adventures and new experiences so I was still thrilled to get down to Peru, and get to know these people better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home