Thursday, July 13, 2006

I had mentioned the haze which covers downtown Lima Peru earlier, so I thought I would give you a visual of what I was talking about. From this picture, you might just think it is fog or mist coming off the Pacific Ocean...but you would be wrong. The entire city has that same grey sky until you get about an hours drive away from downtown. Luckily for me, the first place I stayed for 3 months was a little town called Canto Rey a ways outside of Lima, one of the last towns before you head into the Andes mountain range. Although it was far out of Lima the air still wasn't exactly what I would call fresh. The town basically was two main roads which were paved, plus several dirt roads surounded by little mountains or cerros. This is where I will begin telling some of my experiences and things I learned from a wonderful people.